Please read this confidentiality policy carefully in order to understand how your personal data is gathered, processed and stored when you use and purchase products from the website https://www.johndalia.com (the “Site").
For the purposes of this confidentiality policy, the data controller in charge of the gathering of your personal data is John Dalia, French limited liability company with a share capital of EUR 3,310, registered at the trade and companies registry of Nanterre, France under number 530 495 233, whose registered office is located at 35 Boulevard d’Auteuil 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt, France (“John Dalia”, “we”, “us” and “our”). We may be contacted at the following e-mail address for any claim or question concerning this confidentiality policy: email@example.com
a. What personal data do we gather?
Your contact details
In different situations, notably when you purchase our products, but also when you subscribe to our newsletter/exclusive offers news or when you fill the contact form, you will be asked to provide
number of personal data identifying you.
b. Connection data
During your connection to the Site, we gather your connection data, i.e. information that is automatically recorded by our servers when you access the Site or when you use it, whether or not you are registered as a member of the Site.
2. For what purposes and on what legal bases do we gather your personal data?
We gather, process and store your personal data for the following purposes:
- When you purchase products from our site, your personal data is processed and stored in order to ship you the products but also to provide you any after sales and returns service related to your purchase, in accordance with our general terms and conditions of sales. In this respect, the processing of your personal data is thus founded on the contractual performance of your order.
- When you expressly decide that we shall save your contact information for future orders, by clicking the appropriate tick box during the purchase process, we will save your information to allow you to not have to re-enter your contact information for future purchase. This processing is based on your consent to save your data for this purpose.
- When you expressly decide to provide us your email or telephone number to receive our newsletter and exclusive offers, we will process such information to send you our offers and newsletter. This processing is based on your consent to use your personal data for this purpose.
- When you expressly decide to provide us your email when using the contact form of our site, we will process such information to reply to you. This processing is based on your consent to use your personal data for this purpose. If your message is related to an order, the processing will be based on the contractual performance of your order.
- We also gather connection data concerning your connection to and use of our website through our cookies, in order to operate, protect, improve and optimise the website, our services and our users’ experience. We also collect these data analyse our internet audience. The processing of this usage and connection data is in this respect founded on our legitimate interest to provide and improve our Services.
3. Who can access your personal data?
Your personal data will only be accessible by duly authorised persons within John Dalia for purposes strictly linked to their respective duties. This may include members of the following teams: customer service, customer support and technical support. We may moreover have to share your personal data in the following situations:
- Your personal data will be stored in the servers our hosting company based in Europe which enables us to provide access to the Site, in respect of the contractual data processing terms signed with this hosting company, which may not depart from the terms of this confidentiality policy and in compliance with applicable laws for these types of data processing agreement.
- Your personal data will also be processed by our e-commerce payment service provider located in Europe and handling the e-commerce module of our Site, in respect of the contractual data processing terms signed with this company, which may not depart from the terms of this confidentiality policy and in compliance with applicable laws for these types of data processing agreement.
- Your personal data may also be disclosed where need be to the police (under a court warrant) or to any person who is legally empowered to receive this information (pursuant to a court order).
4. How is your personal data hosted?
We endeavour to secure the personal data of the users of our Site adequately and appropriately and have taken all useful precautions to preserve and ensure that our hosting company preserves the security and the confidentiality of this personal data, and in particular to prevent the data from being distorted, compromised or disclosed to unauthorised persons. Any security breach will be notified to you in strict compliance with the applicable regulations. All the personal data that we gather is hosted in the European Union. We do not transfer personal data to third parties based outside the European Union. The following retention periods apply to the processing of your personal data :
- We retain any personal data processed on the basis of an order for a duration of five years from such order.
- We retain any personal data related to your consent to receive newsletter or commercial orders from a duration of three years from our last contact with you or immediately following your decision to unsubscribe.
- We retain any user connection data within a maximum period of 13 months from the initial placement of the cookie.
All personal data may however be archived in a segregated database for a period of time that may not exceed five (5) years as of the date on which it was archived, in order to meet our legal obligations, unless there is no legal obligation allowing you to archive the data.
5. Exercising your rights
In accordance with the applicable European data protection regulations, you have the following rights:
- request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and the circumstances of your particular situation mean you wish to object to processing on this ground;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- request the right to obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transfer the personal data to another data controller when it is technically possible to do so; and
- provide instructions regarding the processing of your personal data after your death.
If you want to make a request in respect of your rights relating to your personal data, please contact us in writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond and reply to your above requests as soon as possible, and generally within seven days and no later than one month upon receipt of your request (If necessary and as permitted by law, we may extend it by an additional two months. We will inform you the reason for the extension within the aforementioned one month, for example, if the request is complex or involves a large volume of data).
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may also contact your local data protection supervisory authority and lodge a complaint.
6. Cookies policy
You may configure your browser to determine how to manage cookies; for instance, you may configure it to reject all cookies or to request your prior consent before installing each incoming cookie. However, please note that certain part of our Site may not operate as planned or at all if you do not accept cookies.
- To simplify and facilitate your access to the website and its use,
- To monitor and analyse the operation, the exploitation and the efficiency of the website, so as to ensure that we can improve it and optimise it.
b. Use of third party cookies
We use Google Analytics to analyse our Internet audience. Therefore, Google will also place cookies on your terminal.
c. Deactivating cookies
● For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies;
● For Safari™: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1677?viewlocale=fr_FR;
● For Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr;
● For Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies;
● For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html.
● To deactivate Google Analytics, Users should visit Google’s deactivation page and install the additional module for browsers available at the following address:
The instructions for eliminating cookies in other browsers are available (in English) at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/